Position Advertisement – Artists for Kids Culture
Program Manager (Arts Bus)
- Play a key role in developing and implementing a new arts program for children
- Exciting opportunity to collaborate with artists to inspire young children
- Your passion is ‘the arts’ and supporting children and young people
About Artists for Kids Culture
Artists for Kids Culture provides opportunities for children and young people experiencing hardship to participate in arts and cultural activities through our grant giving program and the recent Arts Bus initiative. Founded in 1994 and based in St Kilda, Artists for Kids Culture is funded through the ongoing support of working artists, grants and donations.
About the position
The Arts Bus is a specially fitted-out vehicle that will travel to pre-arranged locations around Victoria, providing art-based experiences and activities for young children and young people experiencing hardship. Following its successful trial in 2018-2019, the Program Manager would collaborate in the ongoing development of a suitable arts-based program and take a hands-on role in the operation.
The position is permanent part-time – 18 hours per week (over 3 – 4 days) and hours are mostly after-school.
What you will need to fill this role
- Creative skills, interests and abilities in all arts activities
- Experience teaching art
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with children and young people
- Experience managing a small team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity, Occupational Health and Safety and Cultural Diversity principles
- Proven ability to plan, implement and evaluate age appropriate programs for children and young people
- Understanding of child protection principals
- Current Victorian Driver Licence
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current Police Check
- First Aid Certification
- Basic counselling skills
- An ability to engage with children and young people with trauma history and complex social and emotional needs
- Experience working in the community services sector
Applications close Monday 20thJuly.
FULL POSITION DESCRIPTION BELOW